(App) DoubleTake by FiLMiC Pro
iphone apps info
App Description :
DoubleTake by FiLMiC transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices
*NOTE: Per iOS 13 capabilities, multi-cam video is restricted to the following devices only: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs, Xr, SE 2. iPad Pro 2018 and 2020. While this app will install and function on all devices supported by iOS 13, all devices outside of this list will be restricted to recording video from on a single camera.
DoubleTake gives you an early look at the multi-cam capability that will be coming to our award-winning cinema camera app FiLMiC Pro.
App Features :
Use DoubleTake to record video in new ways:
Camera Visualization: Better than a director’s viewfinder! Use DoubleTake’s camera picker view to visualize all available cameras for your device. Use this view to help decide how to frame your shot and which cameras you will select.
Shot/Reverse shot: To capture all the organic and intimate interaction between two actors or interviewer and interviewee. Traditionally, filmmakers would need to employ two cameras and place these in cumbersome ‘over the shoulder’ locations. With DoubleTake you can place one device in between your actors and place the audience right in the middle of the conversation.
Multi-cam: Capture two different focal lengths of the same subject at the same time. Use DoubleTake with the Ultra Wide lens (iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro and 11 only) and the Tele to capture both an establishing shot and a punch-in on your subject simultaneously. Or use any other combination of front and rear lenses for unrivaled multi-cam capture.
PiP or Discreet: The DoubleTake interface allows you to see both cameras of your video capture at the same time through the use of a Picture in Picture (PiP) window. You can move this PiP around the screen, tap to zoom in, or swipe it away if it’s distracting (the second video will continue to record). With DoubleTake you can decide if you want to record your videos as separate discrete files or if you want the video recorded as a composite video that includes the PiP window animated as you see it on the screen.
Split-screen: Doubletake also allows you to use any two cameras to create a 50/50 split-screen effect that is saved as a single video. This is great for capturing engaging interviews, or any scenario where two sides of the story need equal weighting on screen.
Focus & Exposure Controls: DoubleTake allows you to set and lock your focus and exposure on both cameras during multi-cam capture with our unified reticle. Just tap anywhere to set an area of interest with the reticle, then tap again to lock or unlock. Our easy to use camera switcher lets you effortlessly move between your A and B cams during a recording to adjust the focus and exposure for each independently of one another.
Full frame focus and exposure for smooth and easy automated focus and exposure adjustments.
Selectable broadcast frame rates: 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps depending on your project requirements.
1080p video at high bitrate encoding for maximum quality. (note: 1080p video is the maximum resolution supported by the Apple API for multi-cam capture).
Composited PiP or separate discreet video files recorded as .h264 .mov files are saved to DoubleTake’s internal library which supports batch export to the Camera Roll.
Additional Information :
- Size 13.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
User Reviews :
- No one could stop talking about this after seeing the demo at Apple’s event in September. Yet, the demo was intended for Filmic Pro, not as a stand-alone app. It’s nice to see, even for those of us who do not have an iPhone Pro. However, as a stand-alone app, more features should be introduced because other apps were already on the market. Until then, I will wait for the Filmic Pro integration because that app is so much more robust.
- Hey developers don’t worry about what the only childs out here are saying. They wanted everything top notch, right now and cheap… not how the world works. As a retired gadget inventor I know what it’s like when you put out a great debut the from that day forward everyone wants the next project to be fine tuned out of the box. I understand from experience that great products start out then need to be built upon, but you also need the public input. I’m sorry that their input selfish, negative and entitled… my generation’s fault, we’re the ones who raised these reviewers. 🙁 Anyhoo, I can see you guys obviously have awesome concepts to offer and Double Take w/ Filmic Pro is great. I see a good future for Filmic as you guys know how to build up a product and grow it into an awesome finished product. It’s going to be fun watching Filmic get better & better!
- Long review alert! Basically I am upset because Apple should not have showcased this app in the keynote unless it could deliver the product as advertised. 1. This is a two camera view point. Novel at best. What was shown was four cameras during the keynote. I have a Pro Max. Two of them to be exact. So again my question is, does the four camera feature work at the same time? Will this be a paid function? Or was that all photoshop in the keynote? 2. This shoots in 1080p max resolution it seems. Which means downgrades will be super noisy video. 3. I am still so upset about not having four cameras. 4. This does not have settings like filmic pro. This is really a consumer app. Not even prosumer. The good is, it does not crash. And it works. I am just not sure why I was told one thing and then given another. I will pay for the features. Just hurry and delivery what you showed us.
Get DoubleTake from App Store
What is your opinion about DoubleTake
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.