iphone apps news
App Description :
Get near real time crime information and crime alerts for most areas in the US, United Kingdom, and parts of Canada.
Buying a new home or traveling to a new area – check your safety with the SpotCrime App.
App Features :
The app provides a crime map linked to many crime sources around the country. Giving you nearby details on:
By pinpointing your location through the GPS on your phone, SpotCrime accesses its current database to provide you with current events and breaking crime stories around you.
Get crime in your zip code right down to your neighborhood and street block.
We are committed to help inform the public and increase everyone’s safety.
Spot crime with SpotCrime, and get out of the crime spot. Don’t let anyone take your mojo.
Crime data is provided by police departments, sheriff agencies, news media. In some cases, data is provided through 911 CAD (dispatch services) and information may be updated at a later time.
This is a great tool for neighborhood watch organizations. If you don’t see crime data on the map, ask your local police department to be transparent with their crime data and SpotCrime will map it for free. No charge to the police department, no charge to you, and free email alerts!
We are not providing sex offender information at this time.
Additional Information :
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Size 9.4 MB
User Reviews :
- Spot Crime is a good resource to let you know what is going on where you live. Their updates can be a week behind when an incident happened.
- The radius of reporting area is something that you need to really pay attention to. Just because an incident shows up, or even multiple reports, does not mean that it can be a bad area.
- A incident reported by police through the statistics they use. Come from how they write up an incident report.
- I was perplexed by the no crime in certain parts of areas I know are hard hit while using other apps. This one seems to have the most comprehensive information. It’s not as interactive as the others, you can’t sort by crime types or even go back certain time frames by opting for certain dates – but it does seem to have the best and most current information. I love it!!
Get SpotCrime from App Store
What is your opinion about SpotCrime