iphone apps news
App Description :
If you enjoy word games then you will love Letterpress for its intuitive play and beautiful design. Two players take turns spelling words to capture the board. Player with the most points wins!
App Features :
PLAY words at your own pace.
ALWAYS FREE and full-featured.
COMPETE against friends, let Letterpress find you an opponent or challenge one of our Bot players.
CHAT in real-time with other players.
TRACK your performance with Statistics and Leaderboards.
DICTIONARIES power real-time word definitions.
Many more game features and customizations available.
For free support and answers to frequently asked questions, head over to www.letterpressapp.com/support.html. Follow us on Twitter @LetterpressApp. Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Letterpress. Play everywhere!
Letterpress is built in the USA by the team at Solebon LLC (www.solebon.com) where
we are dedicated to Sharpening Minds at Play.
Additional Information :
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Size 33.6 MB
User Reviews :
- It’s a battle for vocabulary and territory supremacy in this addictive, strategic take on word games. Find a friend, start spelling, and dominate the board one letter at a time.
- I rated Letterpress 5-Stars because it’s in the top echelon of app games. I don’t mean that it is without its design shortcomings, however. I will make the following 3 observations:
(1) it’s fun, and as you play more you figure out alternative strategies to the initial attack & burrow-in approach which can be equally effective. I like the minimalism of its rules, format and operations.
(2) the lexicon continues to baffle me. I still play words which are valid but disallowed. And the abundance of foreign words that are allowed are disconcerting (“zapateros” was a recent example and there are numerous Russian and Arab transliterations which are allowed).
(3) I lose 10% of my games. Half of those are the result of a failure to foresee the favorable board I leave my opponent after submitting. A “preview” key would be nice but it detracts from the minimalism of the design and fosters laziness. Of the remaining 5%, half of those are bonafide words that I know and had not considered. The other half are walk-off winners which I have never heard of. Everyone has vastly different backgrounds and expertise so you can never be sure how they know these words. But archaisms and obsolete technical terms are a give away. And I bet there are a large number of players who are expert Scrabble players who routinely study word lists and unusual letter combinations.Thank you, Atebits.
Get Letterpress from App Store
What is your opinion about Letterpress
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.