(App) Duolingo ABC
App Description :
Duolingo ABC is the fun, hands-on way for your child to learn to read!
Created by the team behind Duolingo, the world’s #1 education app, Duolingo ABC helps kids have fun while they practice reading and writing in English, with more languages coming soon!
App Features :
*Learning kids love*
Activities like letter tracing and interactive stories are fun for even the youngest learners. And it’s a blast learning with Duolingo ABC’s cast of characters!
For kids, by experts
Duolingo ABC is designed by literacy and early-education experts to develop children’s skills in phonics, sight words, reading comprehension, and more.
Kid-safe and ad-free
Rest easy, parents: There are no ads or in-app purchases to worry about.
On a plane? At a restaurant? Duolingo ABC works offline so kids can learn wherever you go.
New and updated content
There’s always something new for your child to discover, so they’ll want to return to the app and keep learning!
Additional Information :
- Size 145.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
User Reviews :
- I am very happy with this app. It has been a great tool for my soon to be kindergartener. However I think that the most recent update has an error: we are in a constant loop on one level so he keeps doing the same lessons over & over. It’s been a week with no new content. I thought it was happening because he wasn’t getting a ‘perfect score’ so I went in and did it for him. I got it to level 11. And sure enough this afternoon it was back to the tiny turtles. He’s over it and so am I. My only other general suggestion is that the app have a place for parents to get a comprehensive overview of the skills that have been introduced and where the child is in terms of mastery. It is a wonderful app and I truly appreciate that it is free and ad-free! Keep up the great work!!
- I have a 4 year old whom we are getting checked for ADHD and I’ve tried so many different apps (including paying for ABC Mouse)and physical in person learning kits. Nothing keeps his interest for more then a few minutes before he wants to do his own thing and stops retaining any of the information in front of him. He gets overstimulated so easily and it has been a frustration and constant struggle to try and find anything that works for him. We tried this app and he sat still going through the levels which are so quick paced and full of repetition in a non boring way! He went through 25 levels in one sitting and I’ve never seen him more proud of himself in the entirety of trying to teach him to read. There was no frustration at all for him. We stopped after 30 minutes because he finally started getting overstimulated not retaining anymore but I cried with how much he took in and then he went through the house after he stopped playing trying to figure out what letter things in the house started with. I can not praise this app enough, try it for yourself. I hope so much you can get similar results to what we received.
- I am a Senior at Graceland University (GU) and am close to graduating in the school of Education there. I greatly approve of what you have created. Repetition of letter names and speaking to the child who’s playing the “games” lines up perfectly with what I have learned at GU. As does the fact there is close to no distractions from the learning even between the game stages. That said, what I would change in the app is create a way to control the settings to a greater extent, such as see the statistics and get progress monitoring by accessing the app in some way. I would say this to better keep parents, and maybe even teachers, better informed. If you were to do so, maybe also add a way to specify which as well so that it could better integrate into classroom use. The other change I would make would be to allow for different languages to speak the instruction and for the verbal components when learning English. This would also be a means of introducing English to ESL, ELL and maybe even bilingual children.
Get Duolingo ABC from App Store
What is your opinion about Duolingo ABC
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.