(App) Transit – Subway & Bus Times
iphone apps download free
App Description :
Gives you the best route to where you want to go – New York Times
You won’t realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app – LA Times
Killer app – WSJ
MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it’s called Transit – Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
App Features :
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car
Blows Google Maps out of the water.
Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.
The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.
Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself.
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Additional Information :
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 6.1 or later.
- Size 153.2 MB
User Reviews :
This app has helped me so much this summer to navigate the city. I think it’s clever that it uses other riders to help locate the buses in real time. The issues I have riding the buses are mainly with the Nashville bus system than with this app. One thing I wish were better is if the app gave extra warning or let you know the bus stop is on the opposite side of the road. I’ve found myself with not enough time to cross the street, watching the bus I wanted zoom by. I also have issues planning a route on occasion. I have to refresh multiple times to see all possible routes because the app only shows 3 at a time. It’s also not always possible to see when the next buses are coming once you’re at the navigation page, in case I like the route, but want to take the next pass. It is also not possible to edit a route once you start, which would be great if I wanted to get off at a different stop. Lastly, it takes way too long for the app to figure out the bus I’m waiting for is never going to show up. It just keeps updating the arrival time for the bus, making me believe the bus will be there, while I should be looking for a different way home. Other than that, it’s a great app, works better than google maps, and has saved me multiple times!
Get Transit from App Store
What is your opinion about Transit
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.