iphone apps info
App Description :
A powerful yet simple podcast player, with Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smart Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
App Features :
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast player with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get personalized recommendations.
Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
Receive optional notifications when new episodes arrive.
Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to shrink silences and pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
Apple Watch app with standalone podcast playback
Overcast is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Additional Information :
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Requires iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.2 or later.
- Size 15 MB
User Reviews :
- Overcast really loves podcasts. You can tell. Everything here has clearly been the result of a lot of podcast listening, and the result is an app that does everything you want to do without unnecessary features or unnecessary fuss.
- iOS 11 iRuined the podcast app, and I needed a replacement stat. To be honest this is the first app I downloaded, and I haven’t needed to download another. The good – initial loading of my 20+ subscribed podcasts was quick and easy. Set the first playing in the playlist and it plays through until you hit stop or it runs out. I like having a running playlist of all of the current unplayed or partially played episodes, that I can quickly drag and prioritize my new dailies before my weeklies. The bad – after the initial load, I can’t seem to browse new podcasts to add. I click a category, and the app freezes. It keeps playing what I was listening to, I can double click home to get out, but it’s not loading the search. I can kill it, go back, rinse repeat – same story. I presume it’s a bug from ios11, but it’s the one showstopper for me… Feature wishes – prioritize new podcasts like the playlist; automatic subscription loading from default podcast app; a new type of discovery service – perhaps curated or within current categories – give me 5 or 10 minute chunks of the top 5 podcasts, or give me the top rated / top streamed pod? episode? from the top 5 channels within a category … something that gives me enough to preview, but isn’t oppressive – add a subscribe now button to the GUI and I’m set; separate video podcast section to really blow through my gigs.
- I love this app. It’s sleek; I appreciate the typeface used on the interface. It looks modern and is a welcome change from the same old font Apple uses for everything. Organization is clean and relatively intuitive once you get used to it. Definitely a WORTHY replacement for the stock Podcasts app, which I used for years before I found this gem. My only problems with Overcast pertain to the Apple Watch app. There seems to be more of a delay when hitting pause or start, and sometimes the pause/start button doesn’t work at all, which is horrible when you need to have a conversation with someone, or you’re at a drive-thru, or when you need the sound to stop immediately for whatever reason. That button needs to work reliably. Second, it would be REALLY COOL if the Digital Crown could be used as a volume control, like in Apple’s “Now Playing” app. It’s really convenient, and would be the next best thing to a reliable pause control. All that said, Overcast is vastly superior to the stock Podcasts app, and can still be controlled from Now Playing, provided the Overcast app is deleted from the Watch. One thing the Overcast Watch app has going for it is it’s MUCH prettier than Now Playing. It can certainly use some improvement, and I’m confident that will happen, because this is a GREAT app!
Get Overcast from App Store
What is your opinion about Overcast
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.