(Game) Does not Commute
iphone games for free
App Description :
Winner of Apple Design Awards 2015!
A strategic driving game from the award-winning maker’s of Smash Hit. Does not Commute is a temporal paradox in which you have no one to blame but yourself. What starts out as a relaxing commute in a small town of the 1970’s quickly devolves into traffic chaos with hot dog trucks, sports cars, school buses and dozens of other vehicles. You drive them all. Plan ahead. Don’t be late.
App Features :
In this small town, discover the characters and their secrets – what world-changing experiment is inventive dentist Dr Charles Schneider hiding? Will Mr Baker quit his job in advertising? What is that strange mask on Mrs Griffin’s face? Will Mr Mayfield’s peculiar obsession with Yorkshire Terriers take over his life?
Does Not Commute is playable at no cost and free from ads. An optional premium upgrade is available through a one-time in-app purchase that will enable the ability to continue from checkpoints.
Additional Information :
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Size 87.6 MB
User Reviews :
- From the makers of Smash Hit comes this frantic, funny, Apple Design Award–winning mashup of strategy and path management. The premise is simple: drive from point A to point B, then restart with a new driver while avoiding a collision with the car you just drove. Each ride gives a short insight into the person behind the wheel, and the characters’ drama and entanglements play out like a darkly hysterical soap opera.
- Does Not Commute combines clever game design with a humorously haunting story to create a standout mobile application. You control poorly-handling cars trying to drive across the neighborhood. Once you’ve successfully transported one car, your perspective shifts to another, only this time your drive is impeded by the car you just drove taking the exact path you just did. You’re essentially playing against both yourself, as you swerve to avoid the cars you controlled just seconds ago, and the clock, as you must complete all the routes in sixty seconds. This time can be increased by collecting disks on the road, but doing that means potentially running into the cars you drove earlier. It’s challenging and compelling, made all the more so with the narrative. Every new car you drive brings with it a sentence or two about its driver. Through these vignettes, the game goes from innocent to strange to dark in a hurry. Mediocre have created a fantastic gaming experience in Does Not Commute, and if you enjoy the challenging gameplay, this app will quickly become one of your favorites.
- First off I love how this game is very challenging yet fun. Also I didn’t buy the premium at all and I beat it in two days. I wish the story was a bit longer because like I said it took me two days to beat. I have no idea how I did it but I’m in the top 200 for the final score at 212…also I only failed once! There are lots of hidden extra time disks which I think is what got me to a final score of 212. Also in the second city area at the very top right corner there’s a secret area that gives you 40 extra seconds! I have to warn you the last level is very hard! I had 300 or so going in but ended up losing 90 seconds even after grabbing all the extra time disks! If you pay attention to the story it makes it more fun, but the last part is very confusing. Anyway now that I’ve beaten the game there’s still lots to do like discovering the hidden secrets and improving your score! Good luck!
Get Does not Commute from App Store
What is your opinion about Does not Commute
Get more free apps & games daily
Subscribe to our mailing list and get free apps & games daily to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.